Traction Alopecia is Up
Celebrity women suffer from hair loss just like you do. Naomi Campbell has been suffering from hair loss due to hair weaves. She’s balding in the front hairline with an inch of noticeable hair loss. Years of pulling hair too tight in weaving braids stress the hair and cause hair loss, known as traction alopecia.
Traction alopecia is a gradual female hair loss caused by pulling the hair using braids, weaving, or hair extensions. Traction alopecia shows up as hair recedes at the hairline.
- Gradual hair loss in areas where hair was pulled
- Scalp soreness
- Scalp redness is a sign of inflammation of hair follicles
- Infected blisters on the scalp
Many African American women wear their hair tightly pulled back or tight braids that cause hair breakage and roots. Hair weaves can cause female traction alopecia. The irony is that many use hair weave to conceal hair loss, but they cause more extensive hair loss.
How to Save Your Hair
What can women do about traction alopecia hair loss? Female hair loss can be devastating, but there are treatments. The American Academy of Dermatology says that your dermatologist should determine the cause of your hair loss. Sometimes, the hair will begin to re-grow on its own.
- If it’s traction alopecia, you must change your hairstyling and allow the hair to start re-growing. If you see no growth within three months, there are several hair loss solutions to consider, said Marvin Friedman, hair restoration specialist in Dallas.
- The most common option for female hair loss is a natural human hair wig. Find a good quality wig with 100% European hair. You get what you pay for, so ditch the money and look right. A good wig should match your scalp pattern and looks realistic with a look of your hair growth.
- Another option is medical laser hair therapy which will take a year to complete. FDA studies with MEP-90 have shown that 98% of participants have had some measurable hair growth.
- When looking at hair transplant, the harvesting donor area should be dense to cover the scalp of the balding area.
- “The key is to detect the signs early and start treatments at the earliest possible stage of the hair loss,” explains Marvin Friedman Nu Hair of Dallas, Texas, hair restoration expert.
*Photos are our Transitions members’ & Nu Hair of Texas clients’ superior results of nonsurgical hair replacement, wigs, and MEp90 laser hair therapy. Real Clients. Real Results.
Female hair loss Dallas, TX highlights
- Heavy hair loss in women is when more than 125 hair per day is lost.
- Androgenetic alopecia, female pattern hair loss, is the primary cause of hair falling out in women.
- Stress can cause noticeable hair loss in women.
- More than 30 diseases can cause hair loss.
- Hair loss trigger in females is Traction alopecia, a tension or pulling of hair follicles.
- Eliminate any hairstyles that pull on the hair roots or dry and break the hair
- Reduce hairstyling with harsh chemicals and heat
- Try hair growth products for female hair loss.
- Improve proper intake of vitamins for hair growth
Stop Hair Loss & Best Treatments
What is the best treatment for female hair loss? Above all, stop vigorous styling and harsh chemical treatments such as tight braids, hair weaves, and chemical relaxers to straighten or curl hair that causes hair loss.
Get more hair (with a laser) and increase hair growth while improving your hair’s beauty and strength.
A modern Nu Hair system tech enables you to increase hair density to create a beautiful full hair look. Watch our clients discover hair loss solutions and learn how Nu Hair can help you get your full hair look back.
In Dallas. Nu Hair of TX is a Dallas female hair loss expert with many years of experience in nonsurgical hair restoration and will work with you to restore your luxurious hair with the most natural look and natural care.
Nu Hair of Texas is a full-service hair systems & alopecia wigs center known for putting quality first. Feel confident your hair is in good hands. We believe that your hair has the power to make you happy and confident. Our goal is to make that possible for everyone in the world.
Nu Hair of Texas center is in North Dallas, just off Preston Rd and 635 Freeway, close to Addison, and minutes away from Allen, Arlington, Frisco, Garland, McKinney, Richardson, and Plano, Texas area. Our central location is only 30 minutes drive from Southlake & Fort Worth.
Discover easy ways to get your beautiful hair back and tips to optimize your hairstyle.