7 Tips for Buying Synthetic Wig
When shopping for a wig, consider synthetic wigs vs. human hair wigs. There is a difference between a human hair wig & a synthetic hair wig.
- Synthetic fibers include nylon and poly products. When you buy a synthetic wig, first look for good quality hair and heat-friendly synthetic fiber.
- A synthetic wig hair can require lower styling maintenance than a human hair wig.
- However, human hair wigs look and behave more naturally, resembling human hair.
- A Synthetic wig last 4 to 6 months, a shorter use period than human hair wigs, as they are prone to tangling and frizzing.
- Human hair wigs can last over one year with proper professional care.
- Human hair wigs have a higher resistance to heat than synthetic ones.
- One of the best things about human hair wigs is that you can style, color, curl, and perm the hair.
*Photos are our Transitions members’ & Nu Hair of Texas clients’ superior results of nonsurgical hair replacement, wigs, and MEp90 laser hair therapy. Real Clients. Real Results.
Synthetic wig care
How to care for synthetic hair wigs? Synthetic wig requires special care for the prolonged life of the product. “Proper wig care will help for a more natural-looking hair prosthesis and performance,” says Marvin Friedman, a wig specialist in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas. Your wig shop should guide you on the best care of your wig and what products to use to make hair.
How to Detangle a Synthetic Wig?
- Before you wash, carefully detangle the hair using a wig comb with a wide-tooth or wig brush.
- Wash with COLD water in a bowl, never with hot water.
- Submerge your synthetic wig into it and remove tangles using your fingers, from tips to roots.
- Add a little fabric softener. Do not scrub; spread the shampoo and conditioners from the hair root to the ends of the hair.
- Immerse the wig in the water, then rinse & condition it.
- Towel dry without rubbing.
- Brushing out the wig but start combing from the bottom and work your way up.
- Detangle knots gently with your fingers.
Do’s and Don’ts Synthetic wig products
Care products use for your synthetic wig/fiber hair:
- Use products that are made specifically for this type of wig hair.
- Apply shampoo and conditioner made specifically for synthetic wigs
- Use hair spray made specifically for synthetic wigs.
- Do not buy regular off-the-shelf human hair mousse, gels, or holding spray.
- Do not use any form of curling irons, hot rollers, or blow dryers. The heat will cause wig fibers to frizz.
- Do not be close to hot elements such as ovens or other hot items illuminating heat.
- Let only an expert stylist cut the wig to optimize the look desired and the best results.
- We recommend using a Silicon spray to protect the synthetic hair from frizzing, drying out, or fading.
- Do not swim or shower with your wig on. Your wig will become tangled and matted.
- In addition, sleeping with your wig causes friction and hair tangle.
How to Wash Synthetic Hair
It is essential to care for your wig correctly to extend its life span and get the most wear out of it. How to clean & wash synthetic hair wigs with care:
- Wash your synthetic wig in cold water with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- Add mild shampoo to a bowl or sink filled with water. Use warm or cold water, but not hot.
- Hold wig clasping at the front of wig base, forehead area.
- Immerse the wig & gently agitate the hair in the water.
- You may swish the wig from side to side and immerse it up and down, but do not rub.
- If needed, always use finger movement from roots to hair ends. Never rub in a circular motion.
- Do not scrub the wig to minimize tangles. Avoiding hair scrubs will reduce hair loss, decreasing hair knotting.
- Rinse in cool water.
- Add good conditioner. Always use finger movement from roots to hair ends.
- Rinse in cold water without rubbing the hair roots.
- Blot the wig gently with a towel. Do not rub, wring, or squeeze the hair.
- We recommend the use of a good quality conditioner reduces tangling.
- Best if you let the hair dry naturally.
The best wig hairstyling care tip for synthetic wigs is avoiding hot instruments.
- Do not use hot dryers, curling irons, flat irons, or any hot tools on fiber hair /synthetic hair wigs. The scorching heat will melt the hair.
- Place your wig on a styrofoam wig head for styling.
- Gently comb or brush the hair wet or dry. Use water spray and start to detangle the hair while brushing, beginning from the wig hair tips.
- Work section by section and increase longer strokes as the knots detangle.
- The application of detangling spray helps with the brushing process and reduces hair loss.
- If you use rollers for hairstyling the wig, use a low heat /cold setting on your dryer or let the fiber hair dry overnight.
Wigs Care in Dallas, Texas
Nu Hair in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, is a wig specialty center. Our stylists give the hair cuticle intensive cleaning and deep conditioning treatment for long-lasting color and a supple look. Also, the base is sprayed with a cleaning gun and special cleaning fluid to remove all debris from your wig.
- Nu Hair top-of-the-line custom wigs, human hair wigs are made with the highest quality European hair.
- Wig’s hair is selected to achieve the right color and texture to match your own.
- The base is precision-fit using a custom-made plaster cast of the client’s head.
- The bottom is a thin, flesh-like silicone with an airy feather lightweight feel.
- The hair is implanted root-end first into the base using a unique technique involving a natural angle hair growth pattern.
- The hair has buoyancy and movement for a natural appearance with a realistic look in wet and dry conditions.
*If you’re shopping for a wig for medical reasons, check with your insurance company first to see their coverage. Ask your insurance company if your insurance policy covers “cranial prosthesis.”
Upon full payment, Nu Hair of TXissues a receipt, which you can submit to your insurance company for your medical problem.
Nu Hair of Texas is a full-service hair systems & alopecia wigs center known for putting quality first. We believe that your hair has the power to make you happy and confident. Our goal is to make that possible for everyone in the world.
Nu Hair of Texas center is in North Dallas, just off Preston Rd and 635 Freeway, close to Addison, and minutes away from Allen, Arlington, Frisco, Garland, McKinney, Richardson, and Plano, Texas area. Our central location is only 30 minutes drive from Southlake & Fort Worth.
Discover easy ways to get your beautiful hair back and tips to optimize your hairstyle.